Tasty mix for brown beans. Prepare a (vegetarian) chili sin carne and enjoy the intense flavor!
Do you remember that song by Max Woiski? BB with R that is brown beans with rice. You can wake up 99% of Surinamese people for this dish. This Brown Bean dish is often eaten with Salted or Sweet and Sour Lime from Swiet Moffo, but can also be served with pickled cucumber. Of course, the best herbs and spices are used here.
Shopping list for 2-3 people:
- 1 jar of brown bean mix
- 1 onion (cut into pieces)
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (press)
- 600 grams of brown beans
- 200 grams of mushrooms
- 2 peppers (yellow and red)
- 300 grams of yellow corn
- Nacho chips
- Grated cheese if desired
- Rinse the beans in water and drain;
- Heat a pan with oil and briefly fry the onion, garlic and leek;
- Add the sliced mushrooms and brown beans;
- Add a cup of water to the pan, along with 3 tablespoons of brown bean mix;
- Add the sliced peppers and corn to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes;
- Stir occasionally until it is no longer watery;
- Serve with white rice and nacho chips. Sprinkle the grated cheese if desired.
Check out our cookbook for delicious recipes.
Below is a dish suggestion: