In Brabant this mix is called a ' delicious Labberdaan mix'. Specially produced for fish lovers.
Shopping list for 2-3 people:
- 350 grams of cod fillet (or other white fish)
- 50 grams of Swiet Moffo Herb Mix for Bakkeljauw
- 5 branches of celery
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 3 rolls, or 200 grams of rice of your choice
- 1 chili pepper of your choice
Preparation method Bakkeljauw:
- Desalt the cod by placing it in a pan of hot/boiling water for 30 minutes;
- Taste the salt content. If the cod still tastes too salty, place it in the pan with hot water for another 20 minutes. Then rinse well;
- Cut the onion and tomatoes into pieces;
- Fry the cod in hot oil, add the tomato and onion pieces;
- Stir everything together, add the celery, plus a cup of water for the gravy;
- If necessary, simmer a chili pepper very briefly.
Preparation method pistolet or rice:
- Heat the pistolet in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at 160 degrees.
- Bring a large amount of water to the boil in a pan and add the rice. Cook the rice for 8-10 minutes on a medium heat until al dente.
Check out our cookbook for delicious recipes.
Below is a dish suggestion: